BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
Thank you to the Consortium sponsors, leaders and mentors. I have grown personally and professionally and have gained many benefits from my membership in the Consortium. I am very grateful for the leadership training that was provided generously by Bill George. The workshop inspired me and provided me with new tools to improve my skills as a leader and a mentor. As a member of the Policy Committee, I was able to join with distinguished colleagues to provide formal comments to the National Pain Strategy. Networking with colleagues in clinical practice and research has expanded my knowledge and has enabled me to contribute to key policy and practice initiatives.
And many of them are very good dancers and so much fun.
Nancy Wintering, LCSW, CCRP
The Academic Consortium for Integrative Medicine & Health is the only organization of institutions dedicated to integrative healthcare across the tripartite service mission of academia: education, research, and clinical services. Institutional members are North American academic health centers and health systems.
When an institution joins the Consortium, they become part of a vital academic network committed to advancing the principles and practices of integrative medicine and health. All faculty, staff, and students of institutional members are eligible to be individual members of the Consortium. Individual members from all medical specialties and health care disciplines are encouraged to join. The Consortium sponsors many ongoing activities to facilitate networking and information exchange among its members.
INFORMATION AND RESOURCE EXCHANGE
Consortium members benefit from easy access to the most up-to-date, evidence-based information, resources, protocols, and materials being used at academic health centers and systems across North America. Many live and online forums exist to disseminate information and resources including:
- Discounted registration and continuing education credit at our biennial International Congress for Integrative Medicine & Health. Pre-congress workshops, plenary lectures, workshops, symposia, oral and poster abstract sessions provide members with an unparalleled opportunity to meet national and international experts, disseminate the latest scientific research, appraise the current state of the field, and learning cutting edge innovations. Plenary lectures are archived for future webcasting.
- Attendance to the Annual Members Meeting where working Groups meet to exchange information, start initiatives, and engage new members. Novel workshops and panels occur on topics such as leadership, philanthropy, integrative business models, interprofessional case discussions, and storytelling.
- Free attendance and continuing education credit to monthly Integrative Medicine Grand Rounds Webinars. Presented by an array of national experts, these interactive archived webinars bridge the spectrum of education, research, clinical, and policy areas.
- Registration discounts to meetings sponsored by related organizations such as the International Society for Complementary Medicine Research
- Students from Consortium institutional members have an opportunity to participate in LEAPS (The Leadership and Education Program for Students in Integrative Medicine), an annual week-long residential immersion into integrative medicine. Through didactic and experiential learning and mentorship from committed faculty, students from different health disciplines leave with the tools to become student leaders at their institutions.
- Access to the member's only section of our website where a variety of essential resources to establish and maintain a robust academic integrative program are available.
- Subscription to Breaking News Briefing e-newsletter offering the latest developments in integrative medicine policy, education, research, and clinical care and summaries of recently published papers, relevant updates about Consortium members and activities, and some thought-provoking insights from leaders within the field.
PROFESSIONAL NETWORKING AND DEVELOPMENT
Networking with leaders in the field of integrative medicine and health is an important benefit of membership in the Consortium. These include:
- Attend our International Congress for Integrative Medicine & Health
- Participate in our Annual Members Meeting
- Become an active member and participate in the Consortium's working groups (Clinical, Education, Policy, and Research) to collaborate in the development and evaluation of educational, clinical and research models of practice, grant submissions and academic position papers.
- Receive regular newsletters and updates on programs at our institutional members, upcoming conferences, funding announcements, and job opportunities.
- Contribute to online discussion forums on a wide variety of integrative medicine and health topics
- Access to our database to identify members with specific interests and expertise,
- Mentorship by integrative medicine and health academic leaders, researchers, clinicians, and educators
- Opportunities to leverage the Consortium's size and diversity to form multidisciplinary and multi-site collaborations
For any questions or information on membership benefits and resources, please email firstname.lastname@example.org