INTEGRATIVE MEDICINE & HEALTH SYMPOSIUM
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION SCHOLARSHIPS
THE APPLICATION PORTAL IS NOW CLOSED.
The Integrative Medicine & Health Symposium Scholarship is a professional growth opportunity that offers scholarships to students, trainees, and professions in integrative medicine and health from underrepresented backgrounds. These scholarships are to be used to help defray the expenses associated with conference attendance. The program is designed to nurture greater inclusivity and representation by supporting professional development for individuals from underrepresented or historically marginalized groups. The scholarship includes complimentary registration and travel funds.
For more information on the 2023 Integrative Medicine & Health Symposium, click here
To be eligible for the Diversity & Inclusion Scholarship, you must be:
- From a country represented by at least one member of the Academic Consortium. A list of member institutions can be found here.
- A professional practicing, conducting research, and/or educating clinicians in integrative medicine and health or a student or trainee studying in a related field.
- From at least one of the following underrepresented backgrounds listed below:
- Individuals from racial/ethnic groups underrepresented in health-related fields, including but not limited to, Black or African Americans, Hispanic/Latinx, American Indian, Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander (defined by the NIH)
- Individuals with disabilities, who are defined as those with a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities
- Other: Do you feel you are part of an underrepresented group not listed here? For consideration, please apply and explain.
Requirements for Scholarship Recipients
- Scholarship recipients are required to attend the entire Integrative Medicine & Health Symposium on February 28 – March 2, 2023.
- Scholarship recipients are also strongly encouraged to participate in educational and networking activities, depending on their experience and interests.
- After the symposium, scholarship recipients are encouraged to submit an evaluation on their Integrative Medicine & Health Symposium experience.
- Scholarship recipients are encouraged to present at future conferences.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their application via an online form by October 25, 2022. Applicants are asked to respond to the questions below. Individuals are encouraged to compile their application materials before starting the online process. Applicants will not be able to save and return to complete their application later. Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.
Application Deadline: October 25, 2022.
- How will your participation at the Integrative Medicine & Health Symposium contribute to your professional growth (limited to 250 words)?
- How will you plan to share knowledge from the Integrative Medicine & Health Symposium in your work or academic studies (limited to 250 words)?