INTEGRATIVE MEDICINE & HEALTH SYMPOSIUM
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION SCHOLARSHIPS
The Diversity & Inclusion Scholarships from the Academic Consortium for Integrative Medicine & Health are a professional growth opportunity for students, trainees, and professionals in integrative medicine and health from underrepresented backgrounds. These scholarships are to be used to help mitigate the expenses associated with conference attendance. The program is designed to nurture greater inclusivity and representation by supporting professional development for individuals from underrepresented or historically marginalized groups. The scholarship includes complimentary registration and travel funds.
To be eligible for the Diversity & Inclusion Scholarship, you must be:
- From an institution represented by at least one member of the Academic Consortium. A list of member institutions can be found here.
- A professional practicing, conducting research, and/or educating clinicians in integrative medicine and health or a student or trainee studying in a related field.
- From at least one of the following underrepresented backgrounds listed below:
- Individuals from racial/ethnic groups underrepresented in health-related fields, including but not limited to, Black or African Americans, Hispanic/Latinx, American Indian, Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander (defined by the NIH)
- Individuals with disabilities, who are defined as those with a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities
REQUIREMENTS FOR SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
- Scholarship recipients are required to attend the entire International Congress on April 11-13, 2024.
- Scholarship recipients are also strongly encouraged to participate in educational and networking activities, depending on their experience and interests.
- After the conference, scholarship recipients are encouraged to submit an evaluation of their International Congress experience.
- Scholarship recipients are encouraged to present at future conferences.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should submit their application via an online form by November 6, 2023. Applicants are asked to respond to the questions below. Individuals are encouraged to compile their application materials before starting the online process. Applicants will not be able to save and return to complete their application later. Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.
Applications must be submitted through the online application.
Application Deadline: November 6, 2023
- How will your participation at the International Congress contribute to your professional growth? (limited to 250 words)
- How will you plan to share knowledge from the International Congress in your work or academic studies? (limited to 250 words)
SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
Awardees will be notified on December 6, 2023.