2020 WRAP/2021 PROMISES
New Members, International Expansion in 2020 - Integrative Advances in 2021
Since its founding in 1999, the Academic Consortium has created a uniquely nurturing home for a growing integrative healthcare community, an active network that is leading the world’s best efforts in research, education and clinical practice toward a transformed healthcare system.
The Academic Consortium welcomed four new members in 2020, including Case Western Reserve University and Parkview Health in the U.S., Hospital Israelita Albert Einstein, Brazil and NICM Health Research Institute of Western Sydney University, Australia.
“Ongoing expansion of the Academic Consortium reflects an increasing interest in and commitment to integrative medicine,” notes Dr. Adan, “and that means we can look forward to some exciting possibilities for innovative approaches and transformative healthcare and health equity in 2021.”
-- Francoise Adan, MD, Chair, Academic Consortium
What to Watch for in 2021
In 2021, the Academic Consortium will take this work to the next strategic level with:
- Content-focused activity in 16 Special Interest Groups (SIGs) launched in 2020
- Grand Rounds schedule of webinars on the latest research and new approaches in the field (these programs in 2020 attracted more than 1,345 attendees)
- Increasing investment in our knowledge bank supporting integrative medicine with more research articles published in the Academic Consortium’s journal, Global Advances, including special collections
- Outreach to nursing schools and osteopathic medical colleges with invitation to join us
- Partnerships with allied health organizations and government agencies toward shared objectives in education, research, public policy and advocacy
- Social Justice and Health Equity Action Steps READ MORE
- Planning for the 2022 International Congress led by Gloria Yeh, MD, MPH, Associate Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School, and Jeff Dusek, PhD, Director of Research, Connor Integrative health Network, University Hospitals
- A new series in Breaking News Briefing that will spotlight integrative successes shared by member institutions.
Impact Circles – New Series Call for Comment
Impact Circles is the title and target of a series of stories focusing on the integrative successes found at member institutions that should serve to encourage others in integrative development and innovation.
The series began in February with a spotlight on Clinical Resilience and followed a monthly calendar of topics, including Music Therapy in March and Integrative Nutrition Science/Research in April. Help us fill out the rest of the calendar with your suggestions. Send them to Jo.Posselt@imconsortium.org
Find each Impact Circles article to date here.
Advancing Healthcare Together: Inclusive. Informed. Integrated – 2022 International Congress on Integrative Medicine and Health
The International Congress on Integrative Medicine and Health will take place at the Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass in Phoenix, Arizona May 23-26, 2022. The International Congress is convened by the Academic Consortium for Integrative Medicine and Health.
More than 1,000 researchers, educators, clinicians, and trainees from around the world are expected to attend. International Congress Organizers welcome individuals from all disciplines and professions engaged in integrative medicine and health to foster the development of new collaborations and to strengthen existing partnerships within the field of integrative healthcare.
Click here to learn more!