JOB POST: FELLOWSHIP DIRECTOR
The Academy of Integrative Health and Medicine (AIHM) Interprofessional Fellowship is entering its second year and enrolling our fourth cohort. As the program scales quickly, the AIHM team seeks a full-time Fellowship Director who will contribute their expertise of integrative medicine and academia to one of the most exciting blended learning Fellowship programs in the world. AIHM is a 501c3 nonprofit, medical association with affiliated clinical and higher education partners. As we create a structured transition plan from our founding director, AIHM will consider highly qualified MD/DO candidates in strict confidentiality.
The Fellowship Director will lead the program per all guidelines and standards of the American Board of Integrative Medicine (ABOIM®). The Director has authority and accountability for the operations and responsibilities that encompass all aspects of the AIHM Interprofessional Fellowship. This includes:
The Director will create a positive and engaging work environment within his/her team, as well as a strong community of learning for all online and in person fellow experiences. This will be done through the recruitment and retention of highly capable, qualified and caring faculty who will impart their expertise and knowledge to our fellows. The Director will lead a faculty advisory committee to guide the overarching program, and will contribute to content/course development while also facilitating dialogues, grand rounds, newsletters, and routine communications within all cohorts.
The Director should have experience and thrive in a fast-paced, rapid growth and technology-rich work environment. She/he will excel working as a team member in a cross-functional work environment that includes recruitment, technology and operational support with AIHM, as well as collaborative working relationships with university, clinical and strategic partners. The Director will report to the CEO with the active support and guidance of the AIHM Founding President. This position may include an academic faculty assignment or appointment in the future.
Required Minimum Education and Experience
· Medical Doctor (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO)
· Preferred: Board Certified in Integrative Medicine
· Faculty or management experience in the development and delivery of a medical or other health professional post-graduate degree training program, and/or residency or fellowship in an academic or clinical setting
· Demonstrated excellence and leadership in graduate or post-graduate health education, patient care, and integrative medicine
· Facilitation and instructional skills as demonstrated by publications, course instruction, lectures and – where appropriate - service on working groups, committees, boards.
· A problem-solver with an authentic style of empathic teamwork who will create a sense of comfort and compassion while managing complex technology, people (faculty, subject matter experts, students) and processes.
· Working knowledge of technology and online systems management: learning management systems, student or patient care databases, cloud documents and analytical reporting
· Management, development and evaluation of new and existing course models to support the ongoing evolution of the state-of-the-art blended learning program
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Excellent, clear, concise communication skills in all forms: verbal, written, in person, online, phone, video
· Strong analytical and technical skills with demonstration of basic financial acumen and budgetary line-item reporting and accountability
· Excellent time management and work scheduling skills that support a multiple-cohort learning model and organized staffing structure
Apply immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org . Submit (1) a one-page cover letter that tells us who you are and what life purpose and work experiences you would bring to the AIHM Fellowship Program, and (2) a detailed resume/CV. All applicants will be held in confidentiality.
About the Academy of Integrative Health & Medicine
AIHM is a global, interprofessional, member organization that educates and trains clinicians in integrative health and medicine to assure exemplary health care. The AIHM’s training incorporates evidence-based practice, emphasizes person-centered care and embraces global healing traditions. By combining science and compassion, AIHM is transforming health care.